I think Potluck foods should be easy to make, delicious, and easy to serve! People always ask if I bring cakes to holiday parties, BUT as much as I love cake I think a full cake is hard at parties. You need to have a knife to serve and a fork to eat it, SO I don’t bring cakes unless it’s specifically requested. I think something already in serving portions, like these Mini Cheesecakes, are perfect!
These are fast and easy to make, AND you can make them a few days before so you can get it done and not worry about them again (one less thing to put together the day of the event). Of course you don’t have to have a holiday party to make these, you can make them for your own family for fun! My kids love these little bite sized desserts!
- 1 C crushed nilla wafers or graham cracker crumbs
- 16 oz full fat cream cheese
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 C full fat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- cherry pie filling optional for serving
- preheat the oven to 350
- spray your pans with bakers joy or line with mini liners
- Dust the bottom of each cup with some crushed nilla wafers
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until it's creamy and smooth.
- Add the egg yolks and mix until JUST incorporated.
- spoon batter into each cup. It isn't a ton, shake the pan a bit to help spread the batter JUST a bit.
- Bake for 15 mins, and pull out.
- While the cheesecakes are baking mix the sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Once you pull the cheesecakes out plop 1 tsp of the sour cream mixture on top of each cake.
- Place back in the overn and cook for 5 more mins.
- Pull out and let cool to room tempurature, then refridgerate overnight (at least)
- Pop out of the pan and serve, adding a cherry for serving if you'd like (they are great plain as well!)
My husband isn’t a cheesecake fan, so when I cook an entire cheesecake I tend to be the only one eating it, and even I have a hard time with an entire cheesecake by myself! So the other thing I love to do with extra cheesecake is freeze them and dip them in chocolate, SERIOUSLY so good, I have an addiction to frozen cheesecake dipped in chocolate. And these little cheesecake bites are perfect to simply freeze and dip!
[riview showtitle=always id=14 name=recipes tags=potluck size=150x150 lightbox=0]
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER!
Become an insider and receive this FREE Maple Icing Recipe (not seen on the blog!)
Angie | Big Bear's Wife
Perfect little cheesecake bites!
Thanks! I think they are a pretty perfect dessert too!
Ashlee, these look sooo yummy. Thanx for sharing x
thank! They are really very good, even my husband, who isn’t a cheesecake fan loves these. I think it’s the ratio of cherries to the small cheesecake bite!
I make something similar! Yum! I can never stop at just one. I love the Cherry Pie Filling on top! Delicious!
Nope, never, I think in the end you usually end up eatting as many of these little ones as you would just eating a normal slice! But somehow it SEEMS like less!
Ashlee these look so good! I just love cheescake and these are the perfect size for a potluck!
thanks summer! I agree, I love finger foods at parties, so much easier to serve that way!
I want to eat these right this minute!
Mmmm me to, the kids and husband ate them all the second I finished my photo’s! I need to get invited to a holiday party to make some more!
Yvonne @ TriedandTasty.com
Those look DELICIOUS! Pinning!
Thanks! I’ve been working on my photography all year, and I’m the most proud of this one!
You should be – this is fabulous! Great job!!
Thanks! now if I can just repeat it with my other pictures!
Hello! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Did you water-bath the mini cheesecake?
Did you use mini muffins pans ?
These taste so good!! Curious, how did you keep them from falling all apart though? They sat overnight and when I took them out of the pan they just crumble all up. Followed the recipe. The taste is great, just got a little messy. 🙂
I just slide a thin spatula around the outside and they pop right out. Never had a problem