I think Potluck foods should be easy to make, delicious, and easy to serve! People always ask if I bring cakes to holiday parties, BUT as much as I love cake I think a full cake is hard at parties. You need to have a knife to serve and a fork to eat it, SO I don’t bring cakes unless it’s specifically requested. I think something already in serving portions, like these Mini Cheesecakes, are perfect!
These are fast and easy to make, AND you can make them a few days before so you can get it done and not worry about them again (one less thing to put together the day of the event). Of course you don’t have to have a holiday party to make these, you can make them for your own family for fun! My kids love these little bite sized desserts!
- crushed nilla wafers or graham cracker crumbs
- 16 oz full fat cream cheese
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 C full fat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- cherry pie filling optional for serving
- preheat the oven to 350
- spray your pans with bakers joy or line with mini liners
- Dust the bottom of each cup with some crushed nilla wafers
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until it's creamy and smooth.
- Add the egg yolks and mix until JUST incorporated.
- spoon batter into each cup. It isn't a ton, shake the pan a bit to help spread the batter JUST a bit.
- Bake for 15 mins, and pull out.
- While the cheesecakes are baking mix the sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Once you pull the cheesecakes out plop 1 tsp of the sour cream mixture on top of each cake.
- Place back in the overn and cook for 5 more mins.
- Pull out and let cool to room tempurature, then refridgerate overnight (at least)
- Pop out of the pan and serve, adding a cherry for serving if you'd like (they are great plain as well!)
My husband isn’t a cheesecake fan, so when I cook an entire cheesecake I tend to be the only one eating it, and even I have a hard time with an entire cheesecake by myself! So the other thing I love to do with extra cheesecake is freeze them and dip them in chocolate, SERIOUSLY so good, I have an addiction to frozen cheesecake dipped in chocolate. And these little cheesecake bites are perfect to simply freeze and dip!
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Soft Pretzel recipe – Cinnamon and Sugar sticks - January 29, 2020
- Homemade Fortune Cookie Recipe – Video Tutorial - January 22, 2020
- Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons – recipe video - January 19, 2020