Merida… There is so much cute food in this movie that I had a ton of options. BUT they’ve all been over done and I wanted to do something different.
I saw someone use cotton candy to represent the Will O’the Wisps and thought something along those lines could be fun! So I decided to turn my Mom’s classic Divinity recipe into a COTTON CANDY divinity!
Cotton Candy sugar is actually larger sugar crystals, so I threw about 2 1/2 C into my food processor and ground it into a more fine sugar. You want to be 2 C of the finer sugar for this recipe.
The cotton candy sugar was a great subtle flavor, and not too sweet at all! I ws surprised how well it worked and (don’t tell my mom) it’s WAY better than traditional divinity!
Cotton Candy Divinity
- 2 C Blue Raspberry Cotton Candy Sugar
- 1/2 C light corn syrup
- 1/2 C Water
- 2 Lrg Egg whites
- Cook Sugar, syrup and water to soft ball stage, 240 degrees.
- Beat egg whites, pour 1/2 C of sugar mixture over the eggs, beat in.
- Continue to cook the sugar mixture to hard crack stage, 300 degrees.
- Pour slowly over egg mixture while beating.
- Beat until stiff peaks.
- Quickly dollop onto wax paper, let cool.