Merida… There is so much cute food in this movie that I had a ton of options. BUT they’ve all been over done and I wanted to do something different.
I saw someone use cotton candy to represent the Will O’the Wisps and thought something along those lines could be fun! So I decided to turn my Mom’s classic Divinity recipe into a COTTON CANDY divinity!
Cotton Candy sugar is actually larger sugar crystals, so I threw about 2 1/2 C into my food processor and ground it into a more fine sugar. You want to be 2 C of the finer sugar for this recipe.
The cotton candy sugar was a great subtle flavor, and not too sweet at all! I ws surprised how well it worked and (don’t tell my mom) it’s WAY better than traditional divinity!
Cotton Candy Divinity
- 2 C Blue Raspberry Cotton Candy Sugar
- 1/2 C light corn syrup
- 1/2 C Water
- 2 Lrg Egg whites
- Cook Sugar, syrup and water to soft ball stage, 240 degrees.
- Beat egg whites, pour 1/2 C of sugar mixture over the eggs, beat in.
- Continue to cook the sugar mixture to hard crack stage, 300 degrees.
- Pour slowly over egg mixture while beating.
- Beat until stiff peaks.
- Quickly dollop onto wax paper, let cool.
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER!
Become an insider and receive this FREE Maple Icing Recipe (not seen on the blog!)
Great idea! Cant wait to try it.