One of the most popular treats at my daughters Frozen party earlier this year were these Kristoff “Ice blocks”. I was planning on just using Blue Jell-O… BUT I can NEVER find it. Seriously, remember my Pool Party? trying to make blue Jell-O out of lime and adding blue, but that was an EPIC fail.
So when I couldn’t find it this time I decided to make my own! It’s SO much easier than I thought it would be! I’m kicking myself that I didn’t think about it for the pool party “tide pool” treats. At least I figured it out this time. You start with any juice you want. I grabbed the lightest blue fruit juice I could find.
- 4 C Blue juice chilled
- 4 packets unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Starting with just 1/2 C of juice in a 4 C glass measuring cup add the gelatin and give it a stir.
- Let it sit for 5 mins to "bloom"
- Microwave it until it's melted, about 1 min on high
- Add the sugar and stir until it's dissolved.
- Add the rest of the juice and stir
- Prepare a 9x13 glass pan by spraying it with cooking spray
- Pour the juice into the pan and refrigerate until set
- cut into cubes and serve
I have to admit this is one of those foods that you can’t really appreciate in just pictures. Something about the “jiggle” is so fun and satisfying! Like Bob from Monsters vs Aliens! It’s a light flavor, but it was one of the first things that was gone at the party itself! The kid’s all loved it.
And now I can make Jello in ANY color and flavor for any other party or event! YAY! I might even try those “tide pools” again, HA! What flavor or color can you never find that you would make yourself?
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - January 16, 2020
- Creamy Chicken Penne Rustica Pasta Copycat Recipe and video - January 14, 2020
- Dense and Creamy Cheesecake Recipe - December 14, 2019