This is a sponsored post, Kraft Foods sent me jars of MIRACLE WHIP and this recipe to try as part of the #proudofit campaign
I am an odd duck. No seriously, I know you’re shocked… I don’t love traditional potato salad! It’s a staple at bar b ques (which I LOVE) but I’ve just never loved it. My grandma has a recipe that everyone in my family goes CRAZY over… everyone but ME! I’m always searching for potato salad that I like!
This recipe was totally unexpected… The addition of the kale and apples was actually amazing! It added a great texture, crunch and sweetness. And I loved the sweet and tangy dressing. Like I said before I’m a MIRACLE WHIP and Proud of It gal so it’s not surprising that I loved this dressing. And the whole thing was SO easy to make as well, like seriously 20 mins prep.
- 3/4 C MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 2 lbs. new red potatoes cooked. cut & cooled
- 4 cups coarsely chopped kale
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 apples cored and diced
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped optional
- Mix dressing, mustard and vinegar until blended.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl
- Add dressing mixture; mix lightly.
- Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
- Top with bacon, if desired.
Soooooo What did I think??? I liked it! I was shocked. I love new red potatoes in salads (they hold their shape better when cooked AND I actually like red potato skins) and the addition of the kale and red onion was really nice! The dressing smells and tastes great and it’s so EASY! I think I’ll try granny smith apples next time for a bit more tartness and MAYBE a little more bacon, or maybe just chop the bacon up more, I like a little of everything in each bite.
This recipe is great for a Memorial Day or Summer potluck because it’s:
- A great change in potato salad, no one wants to bring the same old dish as everyone else
- It’s GORGEOUS, seriously I love all the colors, it will definitely stand out!
- It tastes great! Seriously, I don’t love veggies and even I liked this one (I will say my husband loved it, he went back for seconds)
So what is your favorite food to bring to a potluck? Do you LOVE traditional potato salad or are you looking for a change?
For more ideas of great salads, dips and sandwiches visit MIRACLEWHIP.com!Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a very small percentage.