Can you have a Frozen party without snow???? Nope! Even though it was a beautiful warm day out, like Olaf, we needed some cool snow to enjoy! So HOW do you make your own snow???
I tried about 4 different recipes before I was happy with one! I have to say it’s easy and so freakin amazing! For those of you whose kids have sensory issues like mine you will LOVE this! Even my husband couldn’t stop playing with it!
- 32 oz of corn starch/
- 1 can of shaving cream
- Peppermint Extract optional
- Iridescent Flakes optional
- pour the cornstarch into a bowl or onto a pan (or 2 pans)
- spray the shaving cream onto the cornstarch
- mix the two together (with your hands, it's so fun)
- when you're happy with the texture add the peppermint and glitter if you want
It’s such a cool texture! And it just get’s better. We left back some of the cornstarch and shaving cream so we could add more of one or the other if we needed too. It’s amazing how it’s powdery but cool, and still can be formed too!
It’s great by itself, but for an extra SHINE we added a ton of glittery iridescent flakes, although I don’t know that it really did anything, but the girls THOUGHT it did and they loved taking turns sprinkling it into the snow!
and when it crumbles it’s pretty darn cool too! Baby Boy couldn’t keep a ball for very long (but how precious are those cute hands???)
This is an activity we’ll be doing often! the kids couldn’t get enough, we’ve done it a few times since the party, it’s great outside and easy to clean up! Just let it dry and sweep it up, or shake it off!
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons – recipe video - January 19, 2020
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - January 16, 2020
- Creamy Chicken Penne Rustica Pasta Copycat Recipe and video - January 14, 2020