I have a few flavors I cook and bake with often, citrus!!! I love using fresh grapefruit, orange and lemon juice. I also love using the rinds in my food as well! BUT sometimes I need more rind and less juice or all juice and no rind… very few recipes use the rind and juice of the same amount of lemons.
SOOOO what to do? Waste a perfectly good lemon getting the extra rind? or toss a perfectly good rind because you didn’t need it? NOPE! Best trick I discovered this year, freezing lemon rind!
So now I always grate all the lemons I’m going to use for juice, even if I don’t need it. Then I press the extra rinds into a teaspoon pop it onto a plate, do it for all the rind. THEN freeze the plate of cute little tsp scoops. Once they are frozen you can toss them into a baggie and they are ready to use, one measured teaspoon at a time!
- extra lemon rind
- press the extra lemon rind into the teaspoon
- pop it onto a plate
- repeat with all the rinds
- freeze the plate of pressed tsp rinds
- once they are frozen place inside a bag and leave in the freezer until you need extra rind!
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Butterbeer Popcorn recipe and video – 3 ways – crunchy, gooey and popcorn balls - November 8, 2019
- Turkey or Chicken Pot Pie Recipe and Video - November 7, 2019
- Crock-pot Red Pork Tamale Filling Recipe - November 6, 2019