Now if you’ve been reading this blog for any time at all you KNOW I’m not a salad girl. I’m not a fan of most Veggies and few fruits.
BUT I had an amazing salad at a baby shower a few years ago and I had to come up with my own version! I LOVE this recipe! It’s easy to make larger, and I often make a half batch for my own lunch!
But honestly I LOVE the flavor of it. When I’m saving money I cook my own. What is your favorite way to cook chicken? I like to saute and hate to boil (had a bad boiling chicken experience when I was pregnant with The Reader).
I finally bought myself the food processor attachment for the bosch and I couldn’t WAIT to try it out, this dressing was the first! I LOOOOOOVE it! I’ve made it in the blender, but it’s just not the same.
Next up… remaking my homemade nutella!!! So what’s your go to potluck or large gathering food? Honestly I usually bring a cake… but for those times they don’t want one I bring this!
Chicken Salad Recipe
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 C apple cider vinegar
- 1 C olive oil
- 3 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken I get a rotisserie from costco
- 3/4 cup crumbled bacon
- 3/4 cup candied pecans
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 4 cups romaine
- 2 cups spinach
- In a food processor or blender pulverize the sugar, mustard and salt
- add the vinegar and blend until the sugar is dissolved
- while the machine is on low add the oil slowly
- stir in the poppy seeds by hand and chill for 20 mins in the fridge
- Mix the romaine and spinach
- add the chicken, bacon, pecans and cheese and stir again
- add the dressing and toss - serve right away
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Frozen Princess Cake – Anna - December 9, 2019
- Wood Burning Kitchen Conversion Chart Cutting Board – Homemade Cricut Stencil - December 7, 2019
- Frozen 2 Anna Princess Cake Video Tutorial - November 30, 2019