This shredded buffalo chicken is easy to make – in the instant pot or in the slow cooker! Frozen or thawed chicken can be used so it’s even easier than you ever imagined and so tasty!
I’ve always loved hot spicy food, and buffalo chicken has always been a FAVORITE flavor of mine! And of course now there are s many different variations, not just fried wings drenched in buffalo sauce! I love every variation. So when we decided to have a fun game day food blogger get together I had to make one buffalo chicken recipe.
This recipe is not only delicious, but EASY! The shredded chicken starts in the pressure cooker or slow cooker, so it doesn’t take a ton of effort to make this dish. Even easier? Use a hand mixer to shred the chicken! This shredded chicken can be used in quite a few various ways, I’ll share more variations later. This one is easy to serve, easy to personalize and popular
Buffalo Chicken French Bread Loaf
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
- 1 C bottle Frank's Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 C chicken broth
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Ranch Dressing Mix (1/2 pkg)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 oz shredded monterey jack cheese
- crumbled blue cheese
- loaf french bread
- SLOW COOKER - Put the chicken, buffalo sauce, broth, ranch dressing, butter and garlic in the crock pot an cook on low for 6 hours (high for 3)
- INSTANT POT - Put the chicken, buffalo sauce, broth, ranch dressing, butter and garlic in the instant pot and set the pressure cooker for 12 mins if the breast is thawed and 15 mins if they were frozen.
- preheat the oven to 400
- Shred the chicken - you can use forks, a hand mixer or meat claws - I do it right in the crockpot, but you can take it out if you want, just put it back in to mix the sauce in
- slice bread lengthwise and spread chicken evenly across the top of both halves
- top with the monterey jack
- place in the oven for 8 mins, the cheese will melt
- top with blue cheese crumble (as much or as little as you like
- slice and serve!
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER!
Become an insider and receive this FREE Maple Icing Recipe (not seen on the blog!)
Michele @ Queenbeebaker
That looks SERIOUSLY delicious! Perfect for Superbowl!
oh it’s seriously so delicious