It was Computer boy and my husband’s birthday’s! For birthday’s here we have a family dinner the Sunday before or after every year.
Since this was an off party year and we were just doing the family dinner I decided I might as well dress up dinner with labels (I’ve really enjoyed making labels for the last few parties!). Since not everyone eats the sames foods we do I wanted to include the BLANK blue ombre chevron labels so you could create your own!
We had Computer boy’s favorite, ham. But since the rest of us like more than just one food item with dinner I also made butter rolls and cheesy potatoes (aka funeral potatoes- but who likes food that has the word funeral in the title?)
Funeral potatoes, also known as cheesy potatoes, are a favorite of potlucks everywhere! (and funerals) But this creamy casserole is good at your dinner table too!
- ¾ C butter
- 1 ½ C celery finely diced
- ¾ onion
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¾ C flour
- 1 C milk
- ½ C vegetable broth
- 2 C sour cream
- 1 ½ C grated cheddar
- 2 bunches green onion chopped
- 1 ½ lbs frozen hashbrowns
- ¼ C butter
- 1 sleeve ritz crackers
Preheat oven to 350
- Melt butter in saucepan
- Add onion, celery, garlic, salt and pepper - sautee 5-7 mins
- Add flour and stir – cook the flour down a little
Add the milk and broth, cook until thickened - this takes the place of cream of celery canned soup
- In a bowl mix the sour cream and soup
- Add the green onions and cheddar cheese and mix
- Add the hashbrowns and stir
Spread into a 9x13 pan
- Crush the ritz crackers and mix in melted butter
- Sprinkle over the top of the potato mixture
Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour until heated through
And of course the CAKE!!! I posted this chevron ombre cake last week.
Do not miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email