It was Computer boy and my husband’s birthday’s! For birthday’s here we have a family dinner the Sunday before or after every year.
Since this was an off party year and we were just doing the family dinner I decided I might as well dress up dinner with labels (I’ve really enjoyed making labels for the last few parties!). Since not everyone eats the sames foods we do I wanted to include the BLANK blue ombre chevron labels so you could create your own!
We had Computer boy’s favorite, ham. But since the rest of us like more than just one food item with dinner I also made butter rolls and cheesy potatoes (aka funeral potatoes- but who likes food that has the word funeral in the title?)
- 1 1/2 lbs frozen hash-browns
- 16 oz full fat sour cream
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 22 oz cream of celery soup
- 1 C grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 C butter melted
- 1 sleeve butter crackers crushed
- Mix sour cream, onions, soup and cheddar.
- Add the frozen hash-browns and finish mixing. I use my dough hook, they break right through the frozen hashbrowns.
- Spread into a glass pan (9*13).
- mix the butter and crackers and spread over the top.
- Cook at 350 for 1 hour or till warm in center
And of course the CAKE!!! I posted this chevron ombre cake last week.
Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a very small percentage.