It was Computer boy’s birthday’s! For birthday’s here we have a family dinner the Sunday before or after every year.
Since this was an off party year and we were just doing the family dinner I decided I might as well dress up dinner with labels (I’ve really enjoyed making labels for the last few parties!).
Since not everyone eats the sames foods we do I wanted to include the BLANK blue ombre chevron labels so you could create your own!
We had Computer boy’s favorite, ham. But since the rest of us like more than just one food item with dinner I also made butter rolls and cheesy potatoes (aka funeral potatoes- but who likes food that has the word funeral in the title?)
And of course the CAKE!!! I posted this chevron ombre cake last week.
- ¾ C butter
- 1 ½ C celery finely diced
- ¾ onion
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¾ C flour
- 1 C milk
- ½ C vegetable broth
- 2 C sour cream
- 1 ½ C grated cheddar
- 2 bunches green onion chopped
- 1 ½ lbs frozen hashbrowns
- ¼ C butter
- 1 sleeve ritz crackers
- Preheat oven to 350
- Melt butter in saucepan
- Add onion, celery, garlic, salt and pepper – sautee 5-7 mins
- Add flour and stir – cook the flour down a little
- Add the milk and broth, cook until thickened – this takes the place of cream of celery canned soup
- In a bowl mix the sour cream and soup
- Add the green onions and cheddar cheese and mix
- Add the hashbrowns and stir
- Spread into a 9×13 pan
- Crush the ritz crackers and mix in melted butter
- Sprinkle over the top of the potato mixture
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour until heated through