Thick marshmallow fluff goodness – yum yum yum! did you know you can make it at home? Super easy, super delicious, and SO worth it! I have TWO amazing recipes, this one uses cooked sugar syrup to stabilize the egg whites while the other recipe (see marshmallow frosting here) heats the sugar and egg whites together. I use them interchangeably in various recipes – dipping the S’more truffles, frosting cakes, filling macarons, in my s’more ice cream, on top of tarts… etc.. (see below for more)
AND I made a video of both recipes for you! Seriously they are so easy – you are going to DIE over how amazing it tastes as well. The thick fluffy goodness is divine, sweet, mouthwatering divine.
Any fluff you don’t use put in an airtight container (I like to use a gallon size bag so I can squeeze the extra air out). It will soften, won’t be as stiff, but it will still make a great topping, I use it for a few days and I use it to top ice cream, in hot chocolate, to dip graham crackers into, with cookies, kinda whatever I can get my hands on…
- 3 lrg egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/3 C water
- 3/4 C light corn syrup
- 2/3 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- in a mixer with a metal bowl beat the egg whites and cream of tarter
- when it starts to get foamy slowly pour the 2 Tbsp sugar and continue to beat until soft peaks form
- at the same time in a saucepan heat the water, corn syrup and sugar and bring to a boil
- heat to 242 degrees F (sea level - adjust according to your elevation) and remove from heat
- with the mixer on low slowly pour the hot syrup into the egg whites (in the area between the whisks and the edge of the bowl)
- once it's all added turn the mixer up to high, add the vanilla and mix until the mixture is stiff peaks, thick and looks like marshmallow fluff 92-3 mins)
This is seriously so easy, thick and delicious – I’m obsessed, totally hooked, and you will be too!
Recipes that use my Marshmallow frosting or Fluff
Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Ashlee Marie when you shop!