I love Thanksgiving – I even have a Thanksgiving ecookbook with all my favorite dishes to make! Seriously it’s amazing! ANYWAY today I’m sharing this soup – a great starter for your Thanksgiving meal! it comes together in just MINUTES and will keep everyone at the table while you do all the last min prep for the main meal OR it’s a great side (you can never have too many sides with picky eaters around) to include with your meal.
It doesn’t hurt that I love the color and smell as well! I make this soup year round, swapping it out for my tomato soup on soup and sandwich nights. And just in case you have company coming that doesn’t eat the way I do (heavy on meat and carbs) you can easily make this vegan by using vegetable broth for the stock and olive oil instead of butter
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3 shallots chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 4 C Stock (use vegetable broth for any vegans, but I like chicken stock)
- 1 C Coconut Cream
- 2 C pumpkin puree
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- ½ cup maple syrup
- in a large saucepan sautee the onion and shallots in the butter
- Once the onions are translucent add the curry and ginger and stir
- add the chicken stock, coconut cream and pumpkin and stir - bring to a slow simmer
- Simmer for 10 mins, then using a hand blender (or pour into a regular blender) blend until smooth
- add the salt and white pepper to taste and pour in the maple syrup.
- Serve warm and add drizzle some coconut cream on the top for looks.
AND today I have links to 10 more amazing Thanksgiving Side dishes for you! Seriously this get’s me so excited for Thanksgiving! it’s by far my favorite holiday and I have already started testing new recipes for dinner this year!
Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup – HERE
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Squash and Apples from Happiness is Homemade
Thanksgiving Stuffing Cups from Play Party Plan
Individual Sweet Potato Casserole from Printable Crush
Cranberry Dip from Mom Endeavors
Easy Crock Pot Fried Apples from A Night Owl Blog
Honey Glazed Brussels Sprouts from Spaceships and Laserbeams
Maple Sweet Potato Casserole in a Jar from Mommy Hates Cooking
Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash, and Pecan Salad from The Idea Room
Caramel Apple Crisp from Two-Twenty-One
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from See Vanessa Craft