This was my favorite recipe of the event! A HUGE hit, I think I’ve eaten an entire batch myself in the last few days (I made a quadruple batch)! To add a nice depth to the flavor I like to use a mixture of Nilla wafers and Ginger snaps instead of just graham crackers. Sometimes I like to add ground nuts as well.
- 3/4 C Nilla wafers, crushed
- 1/4 C Ginger snaps, crushed
- 4 oz. butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 3/4 C Cake Mix
- 1/4 C milk
- 1 (8 oz.) tub frozen whipped cream topping, thawed
- Stir together nilla wafers and ginger snaps and melted butter in a bowl until well combined.
- Pour a few tablespoons into the bottom of your containers (I used Small Mason Jars) to make the crust. (You do not need to bake this.)
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together in your mixer, with your whisks or cookie paddles, on medium speed until smooth and well blended.
- Add in dry cake mix and milk and continue mixing until well blended.
- Then gently fold in the whipped cream topping with a spatula.
- I keep the filling in a gallon sized bag, and pipped it on top of the "crust" just before serving!
- Sprinkle on the Sprinkles!