Hello there! I’m Mel, the girl behind SoFestive!. I owe my festiveness to my mom, who passed away from cancer when I was 15. She was the most festive person I know. Despite 7 children and limited income, she made every holiday, birthday, and ordinary days so much fun. I share easy and simple ideas that will inspire anyone to make life a little more festive. Because life is to be enjoyed, right?
Here’s 5 of my Favorite Things:
1. My Family! They are my world. They keep me the most busy, but the most happy.
2. Traveling the world! My family nicknamed me Carmen after Carmen San Diego for a good reason. I have traveled to 34 states and 15 countries and lived abroad in Germany for a year. But I’m not done yet….My husbands knows that a trip does more for me than flowers.
3. Food! Eating, making, eating. Did I already say that? I’m always up for trying a new recipe, but I always leave room for desserts. Yes. Plural. Gelato is my favorite. In case you were wondering.
4. Being Outside! If there is sunshine, you will find me there. Me and winter don’t get along. I love doing anything outside: running, biking, camping, hiking, swimming, etc. etc. etc.
5. Blogging! I never knew when I started blogging nearly 5 years ago how much I would love it. I’ve always been a record-keeper and blogging proves to be a great place to document all my passions including: photography, holidays, throwing parties, yummy food, and pretty things.
I’m so excited to be a contributor here on I’m Topsy Turvy an can’t wait to share lots of festive ideas with you!
In the meantime, here are a few of my favorite posts you might enjoy:
Follow me here