These breadsticks are AMAZING! I remember the first time my friend Robin brought them over for dinner! I got the recipe from her THAT night and I’ve been making them ever since. My friend Heather won’t even let me in the door of her house unless I bring a batch with me!
The best part is that they are FAST and easy to make, like under an hour! So those nights when I’m like, crap what am I going to make for dinner, I know that I can throw these together fast and the kids will be happy no matter what else I make!
We are a dipping family, we like to dip foods, like grilled cheese in soup, fries in frosty’s, etc… These breadsticks are perfect for dipping. My favorite is my Alfredo Sauce, in fact I usually make a double batch when I make Fettuccine Alfredo and the next day for breakfast, lunch and snack I enjoy just breadstick dipped in warmed sauce!
You can top the breadsticks with any topping you want, as much or as little, but I always top with garlic salt and parmesan, I love when the cheese get’s crusty and crispy, mmmmm. These are my favorites with lasagna, manicotti, and a lot of my soups.
The funny part is I realized recently that I’ve shared a lot of my specialty recipes, but there are so many of the basic/make-all-the-time recipes that I never take the time to photograph and share with you guys. I’m trying to be better about that!
Recently I made these breadsticks along with my Alfredo sauce in a live cooking show! You can see just how easy these are to make, hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
These breadsticks are light and airy and completely delicious. I can’t say enough how good they are and how much we all love them. Even my husband, who isn’t a big bread fan, LOVES these! I think I’m going to have to start making a triple batch because everyone eats so many of these and I want some leftovers the next day.
One Hour Parmesan Breadsticks Recipe
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 1 1/2 C warm water
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C butter
- Parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Place the butter in a jelly roll pan and place in the oven while preheating
- In the bowl of your mixer dissolve yeast in the warm water and sugar, let sit for 5 mins (the yeast will start to grow and poof).
- Add the salt and 1 1/2-2 C flour and mix with a dough hook until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Add remaining flour, 1/4-1/2 C at a time, mixing well, the dough will still be sticky.
- Mix (kneed) 3 min more.
- Roll dough into a ball and turn over once in a greased bowl, cover with a damp towel.
- Let rise in a warm place, free from drafts for 10 min
- Place the dough onto a floured counter and roll out into a rectangle 10x9 inches, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut dough into 5 in x 1 inch strips (18).
- Roll the breadstick in the butter, and spread out on the jelly roll pan
- Cover and Let rise 10 min more.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, salt and garlic powder, as much or as little as you want
- Bake at 375 for 18-20 min, until they are slightly golden.
My favorite side will always be carbs, what about you? I think breads belongs at every meal no matter what your serving and these are fast and easy enough that you can always add them even last minute! Plus they make great bribery to get your kids to eat the rest of the meal; “Want another breadstick? eat 6 more bites of dinner”, works most of the time!
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna Recipe - April 18, 2020
- Homemade White Bread Recipe - April 17, 2020
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020