This pumpkin chocolate chip walnut blondies are great! Add a gingersnap crumble dirt, marshamallow webs, and chocolate walnut bugs for a Halloween treat!
I love pumpkin so I was super excited to make a pumpkin dessert, but graveyard? Everyone else thought headstone, but personally being around the headstones has never creeped me out,
BUT the fresh dirt, and bugs, and gross things that might in the GROUND in a graveyard, now THAT scares me. So my first thought went to dirt.
What did you think of this Food Networks Halloween Baking Championship challenge?
When I decided to remake every challenge I decided I wanted to stick with the same idea I did on the show, just take the notes I received and make it better, or share that I had envisioned.
It would be easy to change to something else that would have worked, but when your on the show you literally have just seconds to decide what to make, cause second guessing (which might seem smart when your at home watching) just wastes precious time, so get an idea and run with it.
Looking back some of my ideas DEF could have been better (store bought dough challenge comes to mind) and I probably should have added some arms coming out of my dirt, or bones or something.
But to ME the creepiest, scariest thing will always be the bugs, of course the judges didn’t think so!
Add to that that I went with individual dishes so I accidentally overcooked my blondies (better over cooked than raw though, right?)
In the video I had a harder time with my marshmallows that I remembered having on the show.
THEN (after I had already finished) it came to me that on the show the marshmallows were SUPER FRESH. And at my house they have usually been broken into by a certain 4 yo and are starting to dry out.
SO I will say for this technique, FRESH marshmallows are key for really soft and stretchy webs!
Spooky Graveyard Pumpkin Blondies
If you love these pumpkin blondies as much as I do, I’d love a 5 star review. Be sure to share on social media and tag me if you make it @ashleemariecakes! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
Here are the other six recipes I made while on Food Network’s Halloween Baking Championship
I have a Halloween ecookbook with 18 fun treats including 3 edible “blood” recipes – berry coulis, caramel and buttermilk syrup. Perfect for a Spooky Halloween Party or after school treats!
To watch me make this Spooky Pumpkin Graveyard Blondies play the video in the recipe card. You can find all my cooking show style recipe videos on YouTube, or my short recipe videos on Facebook Watch, or my Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Graveyard Spiderweb Pumpkin Blondies
- 1/2 C butter melted
- 2 C packed light brown sugar
- 2 lrg egg
- 2/3 C Pumpkin
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 C chocolate chips
- 1 C toasted chopped walnuts
- 1/2 C old fashioned oats
- 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 C ground gingersnaps
- 1/2 C butter
- Toasted whole walnuts
- dark chocolate
- chocolate jimmies
- bag mini marshmallows very fresh
- preheat oven to 350
- mix butter and brown sugar and beat until smooth
- beat in egg then the pumpkin and vanilla
- add salt and stir in flour
- mix in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts
- pour into buttered 9×13 pan
- bake 20-25 mins
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix all the dry ingredients
- Mix in the butter by hand, don’t use a mixer
- spread out on a pan and crumble
- Bake for 15-20 mins, mixing every 3-5 mins (so the edges don’t burn)
- let cool and break any large chunks apart
- Melt the chocolate
- Dip the toasted walnuts in the chocolate and shake off excess
- place, flat side down, in the jimmies and pull out, let dry
- spread the crumble over the blondie
- Place a few of the chocolate bugs over the op
- melt the marshmallows (microwave is fine) and stir
- Then grabbing a little at a time pull it between your fingers to make long strings, stretch and spread over the blondie
- Add more bugs
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Butterbeer Popcorn recipe and video – 3 ways – crunchy, gooey and popcorn balls - November 8, 2019
- Turkey or Chicken Pot Pie Recipe and Video - November 7, 2019
- Crock-pot Red Pork Tamale Filling Recipe - November 6, 2019