I have so many fun memories of this recipe in my youth. I started making it when I was a teenager, all my friends would come over after the church dances on the weekends and we’d make this recipe! It is so easy and fast to make I had it down to a 10 min’s from start to in the oven!
Once my friend Corey and I were working so fast that one of us forgot the baking soda… NOT GOOD. A case of too many cook’s in the kitchen. But that was a one time error.
The first time I made this recipe for my husband he was complaining about it, is it a cake? is it a brownie? Then he proceeded to eat at least 2/3rd of the pan! HA! These never last long and everyone loves them.
- 1/2 C Butter
- 1 C Water
- 1/2 C Oil
- 4 Tbs. Cocoa
- 2 C sugar
- 2 C flour
- 1/2 Butter milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Cube Butter
- 1/2 C milk
- 3 Tbs. Cocoa
- 1 Lbs Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a mixing bowl mix sugar and flour
- In a medium sauce pan add butter, water, oil and cocoa, bring to a boil
- Add to sugar/flour and mix
- Mix in buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and soda.
- Pour into a greased/floured jelly roll pan
- Cook 20 min at 350, let cool a few mins, then pour on the frosting.
- In a small saucepan bring the Butter, milk and cocoa to a boil.
- Pour over the powdered sugar and mix
- Once smooth add vanilla, mix
- Pour over the cake while it's still slightly warm, spread evenly.
What’s your way to eat Texas Sheetcake?Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Ashlee Marie when you shop!