It’s the final day of this years S’more week and I have found yet another new favorite! I seriously didn’t even want to share this with my kid’s cause I knew they’d love it and eat more than I’m willing to share. I see more of this ice cream in my future, like LOTS more. I will make ONE change, still looking for the best graham mix in…
This is actually a mix of two different ice creams and some mix in’s. By doing it this way you get ribbons of flavor and while it’s a bit more work it is worth every second of it. I will say if you will want to have an ice cream machine that came with 2 freezer bowls, or buy a second bowl.
While the ice cream machine is in the last few mins of the marshmallow frosting add some mini chocolate chips to mix in. Then fill about half your container with the ice cream (then put it in the freezer while you run the chocolate through the machine). I used two bread pans for this, but of course tupperware works great too.
Freeze the Chocolate ice cream next then pour it into the other half of your container (we’ll be working fast)
While my chocolate ice cream was in the last 10 mins of mixing in the machine I started making my Marshmallow frosting so that it was finished at the same time as the ice cream.
Plop some of the creme between the two ice creams, you won’t necessarily use the whole amount, go with your gut.
Now using a frosting spatula (or another spatula, just not a spoon) swirl the three ingredients together. Do NOT over mix, you want there to be three distinct ribbons of flavor in the final result.
Once your happy with how it’s mixed up then go ahead and shake your pan/container so it flattens a bit!
Now top it with more mini chocolate chips and the golden grahams and place in the freezer to set!
The golden grahams are ONLY part I’m not happy with, it LOOKS great, but the cereal ended up softer than I wanted it after it froze. But regular graham crackers get soggy too, and so does a graham cracker crumble. So I’d LOVE some tips on a graham option that would stay CRUNCHY I’d LOVE to hear it! For now I’ll leave them off the ice cream and just top the ice cream when serving.
After it’s frozen overnight (or 4-6 hours) serve!!! I LOVED scooping into this ice cream and seeing the sections of the chocolate and marshmallow ice creams and the large sections of marshmallow creme (this “frosting” is amazing and stays soft even when frozen, I seriously eat this on everything from cake to ice cream to serving with my hot chocolate) It’s just so pretty!
- Stir the mini chocolate chips into the marshmallow ice cream during the last 3 mins in the ice cream machine, or just after you turn the machine off
- Then fill about half your container with the ice cream (I used two bread pans) then put it in the freezer while you run the chocolate through the machine.
- Freeze the Chocolate ice cream in your machine next.
- Make the marshmallow frosting creme the last 10 mins your chocolate is mixing
- When the chocolate is done pour it into the other half of your container
- Plop some of the marshmallow creme between the two ice creams, you won't necessarily use the whole amount, go with your gut.
- Now using a frosting spatula swirl the three ingredients together. Do NOT over mix, you want there to be three distinct ribbons of flavor in the final result.
- Once your happy with how it's mixed up then go ahead and shake your pan/container so it flattens a bit!
- Now top it with more mini chocolate chips and your graham topping and place in the freezer to set!
- After it's frozen overnight (or 4-6 hours) serve!!!
Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Ashlee Marie when you shop!
<!– inlinkz code end —>