I love peanut butter in my treats, really love it. As a kid our favorite after school snack was a spoonful of peanut butter. Now the idea of a spoonful of peanut butter is pretty over the top, I don’t even like peanut butter sandwiches… BUT Peanut butter and deserts are my favorites. I have been searching for the perfect peanut butter cookie recipe for years.
Then I came across an amazing, and simple peanut butter cookie recipe from Emily at Is This Really My Life. You’ll never have a better peanut butter cookie! I love to add mini chocolate chips to the recipe and I ADORE eating them as S’mores!
- 3/4 C butter at room temperature
- 3/4 C brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 C peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 C sugar (for coating)
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Cream the butter.
- Add the brown sugar and the 1/2 cup sugar and cream together.
- Beat in the peanut butter until smooth
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until combined.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and combine well. It's more moist than most cookies, so don't go adding a bunch of extra flour to bring it up to a normal dough, it's perfect just the way it is.
- Pour the remaining 1/4 C sugar in a small bowl.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of and form into a ball, I use a #100 scoop.
- Coat the ball in sugar by rolling it around in the bowl.
- Place on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Press the tines of a fork into the balls to create the cross-cross pattern on the top and to flatten the dough just a bit.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes, they'll be super soft but will set as they cool.
Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a very small percentage.