These breadsticks are AMAZING! I remember the first time my girlfriend Robin brought them over for dinner! I got the recipe from her THAT night and I’ve been making them ever since. My girlfriend Heather won’t even let me in the door of her house unless I bring a batch with me!
The best part is that they are FAST and easy to make, like under an hour! So those nights when I’m like, crap what am I going to make for dinner, I know that I can throw these together fast and the kids will be happy no matter what else I make!
We are a dipping family, we like to dip foods, like grilled cheese in soup, fries in frosty’s, etc… These breadsticks are perfect for dipping. My favorite is my Alfredo Sauce, in fact I usually make a double batch when I make Fettuccine Alfredo and the next day for breakfast, lunch and snack I enjoy just breadstick dipped in warmed sauce!
You can top the breadsticks with any topping you want, as much or as little, but I always top with garlic salt and parmesan, I love when the cheese get’s crusty and crispy, mmmmm. These are my favorites with lasagna, manicotti, and a lot of my soups.
The funny part is I realized recently that I’ve shared a lot of my specialty recipes, but there are so many of the basic/make-all-the-time recipes that I never take the time to photograph and share with you guys. I’m trying to be better about that!
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 1 1/2 C warm water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 C flour
- 1 stick butter (1/2 C)
- Parmesan cheese
- garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 375
- In the bowl of your mixer dissolve yeast in the warm water and sugar, let ist for 5 mins (the yeast will start to grow and poof.
- Add the salt and 1 1/2-2 C flour and mix with a dough hook until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Add remaining flour, 1/4-1/2 C at a time, mixing well, the dough will still be sticky.
- Mix (kneed) 3 min more.
- Roll dough into a ball and turn over once in a greased bowl, cover with a damp towel.
- Let rise in a warm place, free from drafts for 10 min
- Place the dough onto a floured counter and roll out into a long rectangle, 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut dough into 4-5 in x 1 inch strips (I get 18 usually).
- Melt the butter in a bowl
- Roll the dough in the butter, covering completely, and lay on jelly roll pan (they will be spread out), spray some plastic wrap with Pam (or any cooking spray) and cover the rolls.
- Let rise 10 min more.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garlic salt, as much or as little as you want (if you don't have garlic salt you can use a mixture of garlic powder and salt).
- Bake at 375 for 18-20 min, until they are slightly golden.
These breadsticks are light and airy and completely delicious. I can’t say enough how good they are and how much we all love them. Even my husband, who isn’t a big bread fan, LOVES these! I think I’m going to have to start making a triple batch because everyone eats so many of these and I want some leftovers the next day.
My favorite side will always be carbs, what about you? I think breads belongs at every meal no matter what your serving and these are fast and easy enough that you can always add them even last minute! Plus they make great bribery to get your kids to eat the rest of the meal; “Want another breadstick? eat 6 more bites of dinner”, works most of the time!Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a very small percentage.