I love love LOVE making small gingerbread houses with my kids and their cousins every year. It’s a really fun tradition. Growing up I always loved visiting the gigantic gingerbread village in Portland. I’ve ALWAYS wanted to go all out and make a really big detailed house! So when I heard about the Ivory Homes third Annual Gingerbread contest I was all in! I’m already working on my house plans!
The contest includes handmade gingerbread houses (from people like you and me!!!! Eeeek, so fun!), cash prizes AND matching donations. How sweet is that? You all know that autism spectrum is near and dear to my heart so I know just what charity I would pick. How about you?
Top prize for the contest is $1,000 with a matching donation made to the charity of your choice. Second and third place are $500 and $250 respectively, also with matching donations. That’s pretty incredible if you ask me.
Here are some of last years AMAZING entries. I was totally excited to enter, and even naively thought I had a shot. But when I saw how AMAZING last years entries were I realized I don’t have the time to be quite this amazing… THIS year!! Luckily they don’t HAVE to be amazing, it’s just fun to create and enter!!! In fact I’m also registering my daughter and she’s making her own!
Here are the details on how to enter the gingerbread house challenge:
- Register for the contest.
- Pay a $10.00 registration fee that will be fully refunded when you deliver your house to the festival.
- Pick an Ivory Home design ( your home must be modeled after an Ivory Homes design).
- Build your gingerbread house.
- Check-In using the online form that we will provide as the festival gets closer.
- Deliver your gingerbread house to the Garden Park Clubhouse in Daybreak on Friday, November 30th.
- Receive your $10.00 registration fee refund.
- Vote at the festival on December 1st and tell your friends to vote for your house on Facebook.
Now how else can you get in on the fun??? A few other fun bloggers: Emily – Is this really my life, Leanne – Organize and decorate everything, Wendy – Shabby Nest and Staci – The Potters Place, and I will be doing a link party. Nov 27th-Nov 30th! We’ll each be sharing our houses, and we’ll have a joint link party.
Here are the rules for the linky party:
- Create a gingerbread house based on an Ivory Homes design; house must be 100% edible.
- Write a post about your gingerbread house and include the “I’m participating in the Ivory Homes Gingerbread House Contest” badge (coming soon). Link the badge to http://ivoryhomes.com/blog/index.php/ivory-homes-annual-gingerbread-contest-2/.
- Include an image of the Ivory Homes design after which the house was modeled.
- Note: You may want to follow the Ivory Homes official rules in case you ALSO want to enter the official contest.
The winners will be announced December 1st. First place will receive $200, second place $100 and third place $50…all thanks to Ivory Homes.
So what house will you pick??? I’ve narrowed it down to these two, SMALLER ones… After practicing this year I’m hoping to go bigger next year!Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Ashlee Marie when you shop!