I’m just a little in love with marshmallows – They are good with pretty much everything…. S’mores, Hot chocolate, Cake, Donuts, ice cream and of course by themselves. I honestly can’t think of much I WOULDN’T enjoy with marshmallows. And HOMEMADE marshmallows are EASY and OH so good!
Like SERIOUSLY so good! My husband doesn’t love sweets (I know, RIGHT???) but even he loved these! I barely had enough left for pictures after he got to them… I almost had to make a new batch…. darn it!
In this “homemade Peeps” video I use this same recipe, but I let it cool and I pipe it into peep shape, you can just pour it into a 9×13 pan for this recipe. BUT making it is the same.
- 3 Tbsp gelatin
- 1/3 C cold water
- 3 C sugar
- 1 1/2 C water
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 C cornstarch
- 1/3 C powdered sugar
- Soak the gelatin in the 1/3 of a cup of cold water in a small bowl and set aside to swell for 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan dissolve the sugar in the 1 1/2 C of water over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add the swollen gelatin and dissolve.
- Raise the temperature and bring to a boil.
- Boil steadily, but not vigorously, for 15 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool until lukewarm.
- Pour into a bowl, or mixer and add the vanilla and beat the mixture until very thick and white.
- Spray a 9x13 pan (or 9x9 inch pan for taller marshmallows) with bakers joy and let set
- Cut into squares and dust with a mixture of cornstarch and icing sugar.
So I recently bought a Cake Pop Roller and am in LOVE with it! It seriously rolls everything… THEN she told me it it also cut’s marshmallows.. WHAT! I love homemade marshmallows, but cutting them is SUCH a pain, spraying the knife, cutting, cleaning, spraying it again, cutting…. SUCH a pain! So I HAD to try it out
I actually filmed the very first time I tried it and I wasn’t sure if it would really work, IT’S AMAZING! Seriously I am SOOOO going to be making marshmallows WAY more often than I used to because of this!
Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Ashlee Marie when you shop!