There are a few styles of churro recipes out there, so when someone told me they made theirs with a pate a choux dough I thought! BRILLIANT! such an easy dough to make and delicious, I can’t wait to try it! My first batch I was distracted and didn’t add enough eggs to the recipe and the end result was thin crisp churros (which I dubbed churro fries and shared a few weeks ago)
BUT I wanted REAL churros, with a full soft inside to balance the outer crunch. SO I made another batch. Just as easy and simple as I’d hoped and seriously so delicious! My mom and kids were enjoying them so much I barely had any left for pictures! And trust me they didn’t last long after pictures either!
As you can see you can have a lot of fun with shapes, and different tips. I think next time I’ll make them in a shallower fryer and see if I can have better luck piping right into the oil for some fun as well. And of course start experimenting with filled churros and churro dips now too! I’m just a little Churro obsessed!
- 1/2 C water
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 C flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 C eggs (usually 4 large eggs)
- 1 C sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- heat the milk, water and butter and bring to a simmer
- add the flour and salt and stir until it's all incorporated
- put in a mixing bowl and let cool 4 mins
- while mixing add the eggs one at a time, letting each one become incorporated
- Heat oil up to 375 degrees F
- pipe into the oil 4-6 inches at a time, cutting off with your finger or a knife (a knife will give a straighter end)
- pipe shapes onto parchment paper squares if you want then place in the oil, after about 30 seconds pull the paper out.
- remove when golden and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture
SO are you a Churro fan? Do you have a churro recipe you love to make (I’d love to try more and see how they differ from each other!). Of course I’m obviously a fried food fanatic, but I have seen BAKED churros, churro bowls and even churro ice cream cones! WHAAAAAA what’s the best churro you’ve seen?Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Ashlee Marie when you shop!