I love fresh berries, but I’m not really a fan of like strawberry ice cream, give me chocolate ANY DAY of the week. BUT the first time I had this ice cream it quickly became a favorite. The creamy texture the bright, strong flavor… This rivals my sour cream lemon pie as my favorite summer treat!
The secret is the Citrus juices! They seriously brighten the flavor without making it too tangy, and it’s NOT tart at all! It’s REALLY creamy, you’d think it was custard based, but it isn’t! You just toss all the ingredients into the blender, then pour it right into the machine (stir out the bubbles a bit or it won’t all fit in your machine) so you can have this ice cream within 30 mins (but I like to let it set up a bit in the freezer).
- 1 1/2 lemons juice
- 1 1/2 oranges juice
- 1 C frozen strawberries
- 3/4 C sugar
- 2 C Whipping Cream
- 1 C milk
- Dash of salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Put the lemon and orange juice in your blender, along with the strawberries and sugar
- puree until smooth, adding some of the milk if you need too (don't break your blender)
- Pour into a bowl and mix in the rest of the milk, salt, cream and vanilla
- Stir it well then run it through your ice cream machine according to the directions, about 30 mins
- Serve immediately for soft ice cream and freeze a few hours for firmer ice cream.
More Ice Cream Recipes