As much as we love soups we love cornbread too. When we were first married my husband was in charge of making it, so this is actually the recipe HE came up with after making it so many times for me.
I like cornbread with all cream based soups and chowders! What do YOU like cornbread with? You can also stir in canned corn kernels if you like that, but our kids aren’t fans so we don’t.
- 1 C corn meal
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 C sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C olive oil
- preheat oven to 425
- Combine corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl
- Add milk, egg and oil, beat until smooth.
- Prepare your pans (8x8 or 12 muffins - or double for a 9x13 pan or 24 muffins)
- Bake in the pan for 20-23 min, or in the muffin tins for 15-18 mins
- Serve your cornbread with honey butter while it's warm with your favorite chili or chowder.
And not that this recipe is hard – it isn’t – but I recently made a video making my Clam Chowder AND this corn bread on my youtube channel – so here you go!Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Ashlee Marie when you shop!