As much as we love soups we love cornbread too. When we were first married my husband was in charge of making it, so this is actually the recipe HE came up with after making it so many times for me.
I like cornbread with all cream based soups and chowders! What do YOU like cornbread with? You can also stir in canned corn kernels if you like that, but our kids aren’t fans so we don’t.
- 1 C corn meal
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 C sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C olive oil
- Combine corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk, egg and oil, beat until smooth.
- Bake at 425 in 8 x8 square pan (20-23 min), or 12 muffins (15-18 min).
- You can also double it and bake it in a 9x13.
- Serve your cornbread with honey butter while it's warm with your favorite soup or chowder.