This blog post is sponsored by Prego®. All opinions are my own.
The holidays craziness is over! It was wonderful while it lasted (sleeping in, snacking on baked goods) but now it’s time to get back on a good schedule – school, after school activities, meals on time, etc… I’m still at the stage where I’m like… CRAP, it’s 5:30 and I need dinner on the table ASAP! I need something fast and easy, but still tastes great! This dinner is ready to eat in 30 minutes and is easy to personalize by adding your favorite cheese and veggies.
We love lasagna at our house, but I have to say, it’s a HUGE pain to cut. Am I the only what that feels that way? The delicious cheese gets stuck to the knife, the innards go sliding around, it’s a mess (but a delicious one).
Enter lasagna roll ups! Have you ever tried them? It creates perfect, and pretty, servings. No cutting required! You can make it with any flavor, beef, cheese and tomato sauce, or this AMAZINGLY delicious chicken alfredo lasagna!
This is a simple evening meal for me, I use rotisserie chicken, so there is no cooking, which speeds up dinner AND tastes great. I add ricotta (it’s a delicious binder for all the ingredients) and whatever other cheeses and veggies I have lying around. For me, that means ricotta, mozzarella, spinach, artichoke hearts, and garlic. Easy to chop, mix in and go. Add a jar of Prego Homestyle Alfredo sauce (underneath and on top) and you have dinner in under 30 minutes.
- Lasagna noodles
- 15 oz. ricotta
- 3/4 c. grated Parmesan
- 2 c. grated mozzarella
- 6 oz. frozen spinach chopped (if you use fresh, my preference, rinse and squeeze well)
- 14 oz. artichoke hearts (in oil, not water) chopped
- 3 heads garlic crushed
- 1 1/2-2 c. Rotisserie chicken shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prego Homestyle Alfredo
- Extra shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cook the noodles according to the direction on the box.
- Spray a pan or parchment paper with some oil and lay out the noodles.
- Mix the cheeses, veggies, chicken, salt and pepper.
- Spread some over a noodle and roll up.
- Pour some of the sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Place the rolls into the pan (I fit 15 in my pan).
- Pour more sauce over the rolls, sprinkle on some extra mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 mins, until warmed through.
- Optional: take off the foil and put back in the oven for 5 minutes, so the cheese can get a golden color, it's prettier.
Since the chicken is already cooked, you’re just warming up the dish. It takes about 20 minutes covered (and if we have time I opt for the extra 5 mins without the foil). Then pull it out and serve. I like it with garlic bread, but I also like bread with every meal, and you can’t go wrong with more garlic. I usually make a double batch and keep the other 9×13″ pan in the fridge and heat it up for a quick dinner a few nights later.
I’d love to hear what YOUR favorite quick and easy evening meal is? We have a small handful we count on, but it’s nice to add a few more to the rotation! We tend to lean towards pasta, rice dishes or breakfast foods for our quick meals. Of course, we tend to lean towards those for every meal either way. I guess we have a “type.” How about you?Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Ashlee Marie when you shop!