If you enjoy making themed Halloween treats your going to love this Halloween Ebook with 18 fun, family friendly treats!
Kay, seriously such an embarrassing moment on TV, “denture donuts”… at least that’s what I tried to spin my failed cookies from the second episode of Food Networks Halloween Baking Championship as! Seriously so bad! Thankfully it was just the preheat, and the judges liked my donuts. too bad they were fried and not baked! GAH anyway the final challenge went much much MUCH better (but I’ll post that tomorrow)
SO it’s time to redeem myself, well in a small way. SOOOO using the SAME store bought doughs (GAG) I decided to make them again with the same parameters, but this time I knew a little bit more about the dough I was working with. It’s not really made to hold its shape, so you have to work WITH the spread, and let the frosting be the details you need.
- Make a batch of white chocolate ganache and let cool to room temp
- Heat the oil to 375
- cut a hold in the biscuit and fry for a few mins on each side, until golden brown
- pull out and let the oil drain off, then cover in cinnamon and sugar
- Roll out the cookie dough and cut out vampire teeth
- Bake according the the dough instructions
- Pipe teeth onto the cookies and let set
- paint the tips of the teeth with red foo dye
Now of course you CAN work with actual homemade donuts and homemade sugar cookies for a tastier, prettier, monster. But this was fast, easy, and fit the challenge. NEXT TIME I’ll rock it! Hopefully there will BE a next time, right? Tune in on Monday night at 9/8c to find out! It’s so surreal to see myself on TV! And I’m so grateful and excited to be moving on to the third episode! SOOOO who are your favorite bakers (besides me of course)?
All the Halloween Baking Championship recreations