This post has been sponsored by American Beauty pasta. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
We love love love LOVE pasta dishes at our house, all kinds of pasta dishes, and when I eat out I love to try new pasta dishes. Can you believe that until 6 months ago I had never had carbonara?? CRAZY! it’s creamy, delicious and SO EASY to make. It’s become a staple at our house, esp since it only takes 10 mins to make!
And the best part? only 5 ingredients, all stuff I always have around and thankfully my kids love it! So when American Beauty pasta reached out to me to share their new Non-GMO project verification I jumped at the chance. I mean pasta AND feeling better about feeding something to my kids. LOVE! 37 of American Beauty’s pasta products – from ziti to spaghetti to rigatoni – are now Non-GMO Project Verified, the most trusted sign that a product is produced through best practices for GMO avoidance.
- 1/2 lbs thick cut bacon chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 eggs
- 1 C fresh grated parmesean cheese
- 1 lbs american beauty linguine
- salt and paper to taste
- bring a large pot of water to boil then cook pasta al dente according to the package directions
- once you add the pasta start to cook the bacon in another pan, add the garlic just before the bacon finishes
- beat eggs and 1/2 c Parmesan in small bowl
- drain pasta saving 1 c water
- quickly mix the pasta, bacon/garlic and 1/3 C pasta water (we don't want the pasta to cool too much)
- pour the egg mixture over the warm pasta, stirring constantly, add salt and pepper to taste
- Add more pasta water and/or more Parmesan to taste
Seriously though I die, it’s so creamy without feeling heavy, and with no sauce to cook I don’t have to do as many dishes, win win! And it’s so easy my kids can make it, I’m adding it to the teenager’s dinner night rotation. Now I’ve seen carbonara with spaghetti, but I prefer the linguine noodles myself. The size is just perfect for the right amount of sauce IMO, also you can trade out the bacon for prosciutto if you prefer, but I’m bacon gal most of the time.
Did you know that the Non-GMO Project is the only entity in North America that offers third-party verification and labeling for products made according to rigorous best practices for GMO avoidance? I didn’t but you can bet I’m looking for that labeling on my food now!Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Ashlee Marie when you shop!